Distinguished Contribution Award2020 Call For Nominations
August 1, 2022
The New England Psychological Association’s (NEPA) Distinguished Contribution Award (DCA) for 2022 will be presented to a psychologist with current or prior association with New England who has distinguished themselves in one or more of the following ways:
- Has advanced the science of psychology;
- Has used psychology to advance individual and/or community well-being through service;
- Has conducted programmatic research or service which is currently making major strides in furthering new knowledge in psychology;
- Has engaged in teaching and mentoring in a manner reflecting commitment and innovation well beyond the norm.
The person chosen to receive the award will be announced at NEPA’s Annual Business Meeting during the Annual Meeting on October 22. Subsequently, the awardee will deliver the Distinguished Contribution Award Lecture in the fall of 2023. The award will be augmented with a modest honorarium and support for attendance at the NEPA Conference may also be available.
Nominations should include:
• A letter of nomination addressing the nominee’s contributions to psychology in the New England area.
• A brief statement of her or his association with New England.
• (Optional) letters of support for the nominee from other colleagues.
The DCA Committee will consider all nominees. The candidate selected will be contacted by the chair of the DCA committee to confirm that he or she is willing to accept this award and to commit to giving the Distinguished Contribution Lecture at the 2023 NEPA Annual Meeting.
Receipt of submissions will be acknowledged within one week via return email.
Please email your submission to Dov Kuegelmass.
Association Coordinator’s Mailing address:
Michael Amico, Ph.D.
Housatonic Community College
900 Lafayette Blvd
256 Beacon Hall
Bridgeport, CT 06604