Distinguished Contribution Award2023 Call For Nominations
August 1, 2023
The New England Psychological Association’s (NEPA) Distinguished Contribution Award (DCA) for 2023 will be presented to a psychologist with current or prior association with New England who has distinguished herself or himself in one or more of the following ways:
• Has advanced the science of psychology
• Has used psychology to advance individual and/or community well-being through service
• Has conducted programmatic research or service which is currently making major strides in furthering new knowledge in psychology
• Has engaged in teaching and mentoring in a manner reflecting commitment and innovation well beyond the norm
The person chosen to receive the award will be announced at NEPA’s Annual Business meeting at the Annual Meeting on October 21, 2023. Subsequently, the awardee will deliver the Distinguished Contribution Award Lecture at the Annual Meeting in Fall of 2024. The award will be augmented with a modest honorarium and substantial financial support for NEPA Annual Meeting attendance.
Nominations should include:
• A letter of nomination addressing the nominee’s contributions to psychology in the New England area.
• A brief statement of her or his association with New England.
• (Optional) letters of support for the nominee from other colleagues.
The DCA committee will consider all nominees. In contrast to the past, there is no longer a need to contact the nominee in advance to confirm her or his willingness to be considered for this award or to solicit a vita from her or him. The candidate selected will be contacted by Dr. Nicole Rosa, the chair of the DCA committee, to confirm that he or she is willing to accept this award and to commit to giving the Distinguished Contribution Lecture at the 2023 NEPA Annual Meeting.
Submission Instructions: Email materials and inquiries regarding DCA nominations to:
Dr. Nicole Rosa
Receipt of submissions will be acknowledged within one week via return email.
Michael Amico, Ph.D.
Housatonic Community College
900 Lafayette Blvd
256 Beacon Hall
Bridgeport, CT 06604